Overview: Manages and directs the building’s operations department, including responsibility for the configuration of the arena and backstage logistics for events. Manages the operation, financial, and personnel activities of the Operations Department
- Develops and implements operating policies and procedures that are consistent with MSE policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight of all full and part time operations personnel
- Ensures building is set up correctly and efficiently for daily and event activities
- Instructs and advises staff on changes in policies and procedures.
- Represents and participates in appropriate MSE committee activities.
- Prepares annual budget and monitor/approve revenue/expenditures during the year.
- Monitors operations and objectives to ensure the most effective services are being provided.
- Develops, delegates and monitors operations departmental goals, objectives, and programs and ensure timely completion.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure delivery of quality services and resolve operational problems.
- Responds to Union (SEIU and IATSE) grievances. Participates in the negotiation of the SEIU and IATSE contract as required.
- Established crew calls and maintains a pool of stagehands through the I.A.T.S.E to ensure proper coverage for events.
- Approves all time sheets relating to I.A.T.S.E activities.
- Serves as the operational liaison between Verizon Center and the various tenants/professional sports teams.
- Coordinates equipment transfers for all visiting hockey teams with the hockey department.
- Orders supplies and equipment for building operation and oversees third party contractors working on building projects (i.e. carpet installation, room renovation, TV ordering and installation, etc.)
- Serves as the liaison between parking contractors and MSE facility management team.
- Serves as liaison between MSE/Verizon Center and the cleaning contractor.
- Reviews and approves all expenditures concerning the cleaning contractor.
- Coordinates with network and local TV stations for their requirements for broadcasting events.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Business or equivalent.
- Eight to Ten years of operations or related experience.