Overview: Responsible for the sales of a full menu of Mystics ticket products, including, but not limited to full season tickets, partial plans, group tickets and individual game ticket promotions. Also responsible for the service and retention of Mystics accounts, all part of the efforts to generate maximum revenue for the organization. This is a full-time position.
- Sell a full menu of Mystics ticket products, including, but not limited to season tickets, partial plans, group tickets and individual game ticket promotions.
- Use proactive tactics to create new sales opportunities.
- Make cold calls from lists of area companies provided to sell full and partial season ticket plans.
- Develop prospects by calling on self-generated leads and provided lists.
- Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to build
- Handle in-bound sales calls from prospective customers.
- Establish professional relationships to create repeat business.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Set up and maintain up-to-date records on existing customers and prospects in team database.
- Service and retain full season, partial plan and group sales accounts.
- Work home games for the purposes of maintaining and cultivating relationships with current clients through superior customer service, supporting our individual game promotions and sales initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and sales experience.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 1 year successful ticket sales experience with a pro or college sports team.
- Must be familiar with and have a strong passion for the WNBA and women’s basketball.
- Must possess an aggressive, competitive and dedicated attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage both prospecting for new business as well as the servicing of current clients.
- Passionate about building and developing a sales career in the sports industry.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Basic proficiency with computers and MS Office programs.
- Experience with Archtics and TicketMaster is preferred, but not required.