Overview: Provides legal, administrative and executive assistance to General Counsel and other attorneys.
- Perform legal research and issue analysis and memoranda.
- Drafts answers to routine correspondence.
- Maintains all files and other records management functions for the General Counsel and legal staff.
- As requested, provides litigation, support and account management for the General Counsel.
- Monitors the legislative calendar of the DC Council and the rule making functions of the executive departments for issues pertaining to Monumental Sports & Entertainment.
- Cultivates and maintains appropriate relationships with business and city officials to facilitate smooth and efficient services to Monumental Sports & Entertainment.
- Process permit applications and renewals at DCRA.
- Independently and routinely composes correspondence to respond to routine office inquiries (i.e., ticket requests, General Counsel availability, etc.) using own knowledge of office policies and procedures.
- Schedules appointments/meetings and ensures that all necessary arrangements are made and all appropriate people are available to meet at scheduled time and place with necessary materials and tools such as files, reports.
- Reviews and verifies information on monthly budget statements against departmental records and reconciles/makes corrections when appropriate to ensure accurate and complete budget records.
- Answers phone in the General Counsel’s office and routes calls to appropriate staff member, handling any routine matters independently if possible using knowledge of the organization.
- Provides administrative/secretarial assistance to staff of the department.
- Opens and sorts mail for the General Counsel and orders supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of paralegal experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel