Overview: The Security Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Security with managing all aspects of security operations at Verizon Center. The delivery of quality service, positive interaction and constant professionalism with our customers, visitors, vendors and employees is critical to the completion of all the tasks within this job description. Security operations include, but is not limited to, assisting with the hiring, management and supervision of security department staff; performance reviews of subordinates; maintaining a safe environment for employees, vendors, personnel and visitors while on the Verizon Center premises; enforcement of security policies and procedures; ensuring maintenance of effective controls and surveillance in all areas of the facility; and supporting other divisions and departments with their security needs. Maintaining and establishing relationships with local fire, transit and police departments, as well as Federal and National security agencies is also required. The Security Manager will also assist with supporting any additional department needs as they arise.
- Directly involved in all facets of the daily security operations including mentoring/coaching of the staff, office related paper work including payroll, daily review of shift paper work and reports among other duties.
- Conduct investigations of accidents and criminal acts of personnel or property at Verizon Center.
- Communicates and participates in security measures for all high-end government officials that visit our facility on a regular basis.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency equipment, policies, procedures and regulations. Responds to emergency situations, determine a course of action and notifies the appropriate authorities. Assists as needed
- Has a working knowledge of life safety systems, fire panels, CCTV systems and Access Control Systems. Maintains contact with authorized personnel/contractors who are responsible for maintenance and upkeep of said devices.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure delivery of quality services and safety. Resolves any security operational problems related to having the building ready and opened at a designated time, and reports any issues to the appropriate departments.
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge of security measures by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with varying priorities; meeting deadlines and achieving departmental goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be given consideration.
- 5 to 7 years of event security or related professional experience in a supervisory/managerial role managing 25 or more employees.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Current MPD Special Police License is preferred, but must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Experience with sports and entertainment facilities or venues a plus.