Overview: Marketing and Events Manager leads efforts to strengthen the Capitals brand through fan events and programs.
- Plan and execute marketing events.
- Manage and track budget for events and marketing initiatives.
- Assist with execution of Capitals Convention.
- Work with Promotions Manager on new events for Kids Club and Club Scarlet.
- Responsible for in-game auction including creating unique items to auction and hitting all auction goals.
- Collaborate with public relations, community relations and corporate partnership on initiatives to build media exposure and fulfill partnership requirements at events.
- Assist with Youth Hockey events including rink visits and promotional opportunities.
- Identify and attend larger local events that generate brand awareness.
- Manage grassroots initiatives including; working with local rink partners to help grow the Capitals brand in the area.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of two to four years of experience in marketing field.
- Working knowledge of marketing and passion for sports.
- Strong event management skills.
- Established ability to communicate with and manage relationships.
- Proven leader with very high initiative and work ethic.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Successful ability to work with a group of highly motivated individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills to varied audiences.
- Candidate must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.