Overview: Responsible for assisting the Director, Inside Sales in the training and day to day management of the Inside Sales staff in a continuing effort to generate maximum revenue through the sale of full season, partial season and group ticket plans.
- In conjunction with the Director, Inside Sales, and Senior Director, Ticket Sales, manage the day to day operations for the Wizards and Mystics Inside Sales staff.
- Assist the Director, Inside Sales in recruiting and identifying potential Inside Sales representative candidates, as well as assist in the training process for new Inside Sales representatives.
- Join the Inside Sales representatives on sales calls and appointments to instruct on and assist with the sales process where applicable.
- Monitor volume of outbound phone calls, face to face appointments and reporting of sales results for the Inside Sales department.
- Use proactive tactics to create new sales opportunities.
- Establish professional relationships to create repeat business.
- Work home games for the purpose of managing Inside Sales representatives, as well developing new prospects, servicing customers and performing other miscellaneous game night duties as needed.
- Manage all aspects of the MSE sales partnership with Georgetown University.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and sales experience.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2 years successful ticket sales experience with a pro or college sports team. At least 1 year of successful sales management experience preferred.
- Must possess an aggressive, competitive and dedicated attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Passionate about building and continuing a sales career in the sports industry.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Basic proficiency with computers and MS Office programs.
- Experience with Archtics and TicketMaster is preferred, but not required.