Overview: Provide essential administrative support and substantive expertise to General Manager of professional hockey team. Oversee and manage all aspects of team immigration issues, workers compensation and high profile event management. Position requires professionalism, judgment and discretion.
- Assist General Manager as requested with correspondence, research, schedule, tickets, and travel.
- Draft contracts, bona fide offers, and qualifying offers and distribute as specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Manage and maintain workers compensation procedures, reports, files and billing.
- Manage and advise on immigration procedures and questions as needed.
- Manage and coordinate all documents related to player and staff immigration at the NHL and AHL levels.
- Advise front office staff as appropriate in immigration matters.
- Assist relatives with immigration concerns.
- Oversee all aspects of the team family lounge, including: access and passes, catering, childcare, game night issues and concerns.
- Develop, publish, and distribute the annual Welcome Guide for players and hockey operations staff.
- Work to create a welcoming and positive community atmosphere as well as create/provide unique opportunities and benefits by working with staff and businesses in the community.
- Coordinate and host annual events.
- Manage department expenses and expense reporting.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all player and coaching staff families’ needs.
- Establish relationships /partnerships with other organizations and the NHL.
- Attend annual league meetings.
- Collect and distribute draftee information.
- Manage player and player movement files.
- Create and maintain contacts sheets.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of related professional experience
- Knowledge of the USCIS, DHS, and CBP procedures is a plus.
- Ability to work evening, weekend and holiday hours.