Overview: Works closely with the Senior Director, Group Sales and the Senior Vice President, Ticket Sales and Service in the staffing, management and implementation of the group sales campaign. The Director of Group Sales will be responsible for achieving targeted revenue and ticket sales goals for Monumental Sports and Entertainment through the sales and service of a full menu of ticket products.
- Provides a hands-on role in the hiring and managing of the Wizards group sales staff
- Manages the overall sales efforts of the Wizards Group Sales staff, including directing sales activities, setting and reviewing sales goals and training and mentoring the staff
- Join representatives on sales calls and appointments to instruct on and assist with the sales process where applicable
- In conjunction with the Senior Director, Group sales, assists representatives in the development, planning and execution of group theme nights throughout the season.
- Provides reporting information by maintaining and being able to produce on a regular basis accurate reports of call volume, sales and account maintenance.
- Use proactive tactics to create new sales opportunities.
- Develop prospects by calling on self-generated leads and provided lists.
- Handle in-bound sales calls from prospective customers.
- Establish professional relationships to create repeat business.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Set up and maintain up-to-date records on existing customers and prospects in team database.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and sales experience.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years successful ticket sales experience with a pro or college sports team.
- The ideal candidate would also have at least 1 year of successful sales management experience.
- Must possess an aggressive, competitive and dedicated attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with both internal and external clients at all levels of the organization.
- Results-oriented approach to both selling and sales management.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage a dual role requiring both management of a staff, as well as that of maintain personal sales goals.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Experience with Archtics, SalesForce and TicketMaster is preferred, but not required.