Overview: The Assignment Desk Editor is in charge of the day-to-day content gathering and operations for our Monumental Network, make assignments, deal with logistics and work with clients to deliver projects in a timely manner.
- Assigns crews on daily basis to cover events.
- Manages comprehensive database of assignments and stories.
- Works with creative to team to execute productions, both live and post produced.
- Maintains a working knowledge of projects in current state of production.
- Handles crewing game night events, studio productions, and eng shoots.
- Works with PR to cover team stories as needed.
- Contributes story ideas and works with team of producers to create exclusive content.
- Coordinates work between reporters, photographers, editors and producers.
- Handles special projects assigned by the Executive Producer.
- Serves as equipment coordinator and traffic logger.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances and requests.
- Calm under pressure, tight deadline and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work with creative team on the execution of the production strategies and tactics.
- Handle multiple crews in a fast paced network newsroom environment.
- Positive approach and pro-active working style.
- Microsoft Office experience, limited editing knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule depending on events or staffing needs.